Tuesday, August 9, 2011

{I Found Another Way}


Hey Again,
Technology problems solved! I still couldn't find a replacement cord to my camera so, I took a picture of my first stranger's picture on the iPhone. There was no way I was going to miss the very first day.(:

So, this morning I woke up feeling under-the-weather and already nervous. I though to myself, How on Earth am I going to ask a stranger for their picture?! And with these nerves I seemed to create an excuse for why I couldn't photograph every single person who walked by.
"Oh they have kids with them," or "She looks mean."

I was getting pretty discouraged but when we went to the cash register to pay for groceries, I told myself that I just had to do it.

So, this is Adrian who works at Hannaford. He told me my dress was pretty which gave me just enough confidence to ask him before I chickened out. Once again.

I am so proud of myself, and I am already feeling more confident and connected to the other people surrounding me.
Until tomorrow,
McKenna

2 comments:

  1. Hey, It's Adrian. I just wanted to say that this is a really cool project you are undertaking. It's great that you took the initiative to kick your "stranger anxiety." I'm glad that I could help with your confidence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being my first "Stranger." ;)

    ReplyDelete